Thursday, October 04, 2007

Babies are fun when they belong to other people.

I have a gift - I can predict my sister-in-law's pregnancies. Only hers and no others (not even the first sis-in-law, this is the 2nd). I have dreams where she's pregnant. I call her and tell her about them and she scoffs at me. A couple of months later (sometimes less depending on their timetables), I get a call announcing a pregnancy. I've had the dream 4 times in my entire life and she's been pregnant 4 times (each around the time of the dream). It could be alpha waves or something coming from my brother but, to be honest, that's kind of sick if you think about it. So I prefer to think of it as psychic ability. If anyone were to ever doubt my abilities, I can just point to my nieces and nephews and say, "see? I told you so."

On a similar note, congrats to K & K! They just had their triplets last night. So not only are they the first "friend" couple I have to have kids, but they have three of them! At the same time! It's insane and crazy and they'll make the best parents. And if those kids' first words aren't something that would make a sailor blush, I'll start a college fund. I think I'll bring sushi over (instead of baby stuff) when I go visit them for the first time. I know at least K will thank me. She never craved her beer or bloody marys (that would have been me but with wine and vodka), but I know she missed her raw fish.

Yesterday was a good day. It was the best day I've had in a long time. There are still sad things going on but damn it's good to hear about babies. And no, Mom, I'm still not changing my mind about having any. Get over it.

No comments: