Wednesday, July 18, 2007

To err is to bike...

Listen, I have no problem with bikers. I understand that some people find it annoying that they wear advertisers on their shirts, especially when said shirts were purchased at Academy and the bikers are wearing them while they're speeding down the neighborhood streets, but I don't really care.

I think it's dumb of bikers to bike down major highways and busy roads but again, no big deal. As a matter of fact, I'm not even seriously bothered by bikers running the red lights and stop signs. I understand it's hard to start and stop again. I get it.

But what I have a problem with is a situation that occurred this morning while I was driving into my building's parking garage at work. I turned right (in my car) onto a one-way street. I encountered a biker going the wrong way on the one-way street and had to wait for him to pass the opening of my garage so I could turn in. Once again, I didn't really care - until. Until he started bad mouthing me for... for looking at him? for following traffic rules? I'm not sure. But he was definitely shooting obscenities in my direction while he was biking the wrong way down a one way street.

Is it necessary to be angry when you're in the wrong? I realize some people see no other way of dealing with situations but please. I was so tempted to slowly edge my car up and scare the biker bugger. It would have been funny. And if I would have been an angrier person, like G for instance, I would have stopped the car and confronted the annoying biker. Luckily I was too tired to give a rat's ass and thought I'd get him back by blogging about his absurdity in my online outlet that no one reads. That'll show him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good words.